We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do

Which Bisbee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
things to do

I will be in Tucson for a day and I want to drive to Bisbee to check it out. any suggestions on what to do?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do

There is a lot to see and do in Bisbee. If you're not claustrophobic take the Queen Mine Tour, which is a tour of an old copper mine. There is a Smithsonian affiliated mining museum, lots of neat shops, and some really great restaurants. My favorite is Cafe Roka, but they are only open on certain days and reservations are highly recommended. Santiago's is also a pretty great place to eat if you like Mexican food. Screaming Banshee offers pizza and the Bisbee Grille has a pretty good burger.

Bisbee is mostly about wandering the streets, window shopping and people viewing. Check out the Bisbee Chamber of Commerce's website they have some good info (http://www.discoverbisbee.com).

It is also feasible to do Tombstone in the same day, if you just want to swing by and get a flavor of the Old West. Have a drink at Big Nose Kates!

Maryland
Level Contributor
65 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do

dropping son off at NAU end of august. been to sedona. Are Bisbee & Tombstone the 2 best old west towns to visit, or would you recommend another? How far from Tucson airport & how far from Flagstaff? ( we'll be flying into Phx, but Tucson for departure seems like a better plan.) Thanks for your help!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do

appaloosas, you will probably save a lot of money and time if you fly into Phoenix rather than Tucson. You can visit two of the best Old West towns in the state on your way to Flagstaff if you take the easy drive to Wickenburg and then on to Prescott before you finish in Flagstaff.

Maryland
Level Contributor
65 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do

great advice-thank you! We're going to NAU first for a few days to get son settled into dorm ( he's a freshman), and then we will spend time in Wickenburg & Prescott. Do you have a hotel/B&B and any restaurants to recommend?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do

The beautifully restored Hassyampa Inn in Prescott is right on Court House Square and is just across the street from the original Whiskey Row with all the swinging door saloons. You will have to check with esty666, the TA DE for Wickenburg, for her recommendations for things to do and places to stay in Wickenburg.

Here's your restaurants in Prescott

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g31323-Prescott_…

and here's the things to do

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g31323-Activitie…

Maryland
Level Contributor
65 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do

Thank you so much- you made this very easy!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do

Most of us here just do this for the thank you's. And yours was one of he best!!! You're very welcome.

Maryland
Level Contributor
65 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: things to do

I don't know how any of us went on a trip without tripadvisor or a GPS! So glad my son chose the great state of Arizona to spend 4 years at college, because as east coast folk, we love your scenery, unique places to visit and the friendly people :). Thanks again!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: things to do

Now you don't need an excuse to come visit us. Come back to Phoenix and Scottsdale during the winter and enjoy the most perfect weather in the world. Take in a parade and bowl game, a few rounds of golf on a PGA course. Come down during spring break and enjoy a few spring training baseball games with your son (and your sun). We expect to see you not just for the next four years, but forever!!!

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g31310-Activitie…

Edited: 19 July 2013, 16:31
10. Re: things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Bisbee