We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not a question just a warning

arizona
Level Contributor
129 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
not a question just a warning

We were driving along Hwy 80 from Benson to Bisbee. The speed limit was 65. Right after the Bisbee City Limits sign we saw the speed limit for 45. We hit our brakes and saw a police officer parked just on the other side. So just wanted to warn others who might night have quite the reflexes my driver had!

And btw this is not to throw out on Bisbee - we had a lovely stay and will be back. Just something that surprised us.

Mentioned in this post
Bisbee
Bisbee
Arizona
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: not a question just a warning

You undoubtedly missed the sign that said "Speed Reduced Ahead". People really do need to be very aware as they approach towns and cities on country roads.

Hereford, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: not a question just a warning

Everyone needs to be aware, the speed limits change several times between Sierra Vista and Bisbee. As high as 65 as low as 45 with everything in between.

Mentioned in this post
Bisbee
Bisbee
Arizona
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: not a question just a warning

Welcome to the forums Jessla! Maybe you could tell us where those speed traps are located?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: not a question just a warning

There are no speed traps. There are sections that are populated where the speed limit decreases, it again decreases as you go across the San Pedro River, again as you approach the junction of AZ 90 / AZ 80, and again going through hilly and populated areas along 80 and again when arriving at Bisbee.

It amazes me how "some" people believe it is a speed trap any time the speed limit decreases.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 21:16
Mentioned in this post
Bisbee
Bisbee
Arizona
Creel, Mexico
Level Contributor
93 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: not a question just a warning

The speed limit goes from 65 mph. to 45 as you're coming into town and it's obvious you're coming into Bisbee as you can see buildings and businesses, so you shouldn't be caught off guard. Secondly, you weren't pulled over, so your warning makes no sense! Bisbee is my town and honestly I've blown past Cochise County Sheriffs deputies several times and not been pulled over. Bisbee may be a lot of things, but a speed trap is not one of them.

Mentioned in this post
Bisbee
Bisbee
Arizona
Bisbee, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: not a question just a warning

The speed limit actually drops to 55 before you enter the mountains when using highway 80. It then drops to 45 at the end of the passing before the tunnel. City limit sign is 1 mile later.

Edited: 16 January 2015, 04:03
Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: not a question just a warning

I had hoped that this thread would die quietly.

8. Re: not a question just a warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2016, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Bisbee
Recent Conversations