We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a further question!

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
591 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Just a further question!

Thanks again to everyone who replied to the Spanish Village post!

Can anyone help me a bit further with a question regarding the Los Cedros horse facility? Thinking of making a trip there too, maybe before or after visiting Cave Creek. A good idea? Not too far to travel? Have looked at the Los Cedros website and although it says visitors welcome - does that mean everyone not just 'horsey people'? If so, do you just turn up? As you can tell I need a lot more info, so any further input would be really good!

Thanks again!

4 replies to this topic
Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,024 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a further question!

I just looked at their website and they say open to visitors 9 to 5 daily. We have passed that many times as that is how we drive to Cave Creek, but never knew it was open to visitors. Now you have me wanting to go also. I would go and enjoy, it looks beautiful.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
591 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a further question!

Glad I could help you out for a change!

The website does not give much away regarding casual visitors so expect you can just turn up. Hope so anyway. Have a good visit and maybe you can get back and report if you visit before we do in September?

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a further question!

Most big barns do welcome visitors, whether you're a "horse person" or not. That said, most of the visitors they get are at least somewhat interested in horses, and potentially interested in boarding and training their own horse, buying/selling a horse, or breeding. But that doesn't mean you won't be welcome - quite the contrary. Us horse people generally love to show off our animals and share our love of them with pretty much anyone who shows an interest! :)

You can certainly stop by Los Cedros unannounced; however, you might receive an even nicer welcome and tour if you schedule ahead of time. I don't know if they always have someone on staff ready to give tours; they just might, being Los Cedros. But all the barns I've been involved with are usually very busy all day long, and there might be times that are better than others for giving a tour. I think your best bet is to give them a call (or send an email), tell them you're interested in seeing their barn and the horses, and ask if you need an appointment for a tour. They also would be able to let you know if they're having any open barn parties or special events. And if they are, I highly recommend going to one of those! :)

Have a great time, and let us know how you liked it if you do go!

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
591 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a further question!

Hummingbird37 - thanks for your reply.

I totally understand what you are saying about contacting them first. I may send them an e-mail beginning of September asking about tours just to be on the safe side as don't want to waste our time or theirs by turning up possibly the wrong time.We are not 'horsey' people but do enjoy looking at the beautiful throughbred horses. Really majestic creatures.

Reply to: Just a further question!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carefree