We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help picking restaurant for alumni reunion

Which Chandler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston
Level Contributor
150 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Help picking restaurant for alumni reunion

I work for a small liberal arts college in central illinois. I am planning an alumni reunion for March 8th and would like to see if there are suggestions for restaurants where we could go and have private seating for 20-30 people. I also am interested in only restaurants that have items on the menu less than $20.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,777 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help picking restaurant for alumni reunion

I would suggest contacting Chandler's Visitors Bureau for assistance.

www.visitchandler.com

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
836 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help picking restaurant for alumni reunion

There's a bunch of places that come to mind, but I think the suggestion to contact the cvb is a great one.

Offhand, if you like Mexican, El Zocalo in downtown Chandler has a great patio, and could probably section off a portion for your group.

What part of Chandler are you looking at? Not that it is a huge city, but it is about 10-15 miles from one end to the other. It is a part of the Greater Phoenix area, with nearby cities of Tempe, Mesa, and Gilbert (as well as the Ahwatukee part of Phoenix) that could possibly be close to where you want.

I can't really think of any restaurants that have menu items over $20 (though I'm sure there are some), so I think you'll be in good shape there.

realestateguru
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help picking restaurant for alumni reunion

The Waterfront in Chandler might be a good choice for you. Their regular menu is pretty basic (burgers & sandwiches), but they have a 5 star chef and do catering and special menus if you plan ahead. They also have a pretty good night life, if your group wants to stay and party a little. You should try contact them at 480-732-0929. Ask for the owner, Jay.

4. Re: Help picking restaurant for alumni reunion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 01:19