We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

Holbrook, Arizona
8 posts
Save Topic
I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

I just joined, and this forum doesn't seem to have anyone here, but maybe that's because no one's replied to the questions.

I live in Holbrook and love it and will be happy to help anyone with questions about local attractions. We have some great stuff here, like the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert, the historic Navajo County Courthouse, petroglyphs, great hotels and restaurants, Native American Dances in the summer and lots of other things to see and do. I'm also familiar with the nearby towns of Winslow and Snowflake and lots of attractions like Canyon de Chelly, Homolovi Ruins, the Navajo Reservation and the Hopi Reservation. I think it's a beautiful area and I'd love to help people come and visit!

I have a blog about our city at http://happyholbrook.livejournal.com/, and you can find lots of information about the area at azjournal.com/pages/areaguide/areaguide.html

I'm looking forward to helping out!

Murray,Ky.
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

My wife and I ,along with our 6 year old son, are planning a trip to AZ. the end of May and the first of June. We fly in to PHX, we will be there 12 days.We plan to hit Flagstaff,Grand Canyon,Williams and are considering a couple of days in Holbrook before returing to Phoenix. We would appreciate any information,hints, or suggestions on where to stay,eat,what to see, and what not to miss.I might also mention I am a tightwad and like bargins,HA HA.Also any suggestions on a senic route back to Phoenix and things to do along the way.

Thanks,

Murray Ky.Travelers

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

Welcome we need someone from that area. You can help fill in the gaps for viewers.

denver, co
Level Contributor
68 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

Will be going through the Holbrook/Chambers area Mid-Feb. Any suggestions for lunch. Not fancy - good clean atomsphere and service. Preferably not Mexican food as we'll be eating in Albuquerque Old Town that night.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

Hello from Canada. Any advice for us please would be appreciated. Doing a 12 day tour of the Southwest. Travelling from Sante Fe through Alburquerque to Sedona. It seems like a long drive, so thought we would stop overnight in Holbrook to allow us time to stop at some sights along the way to Sedona. Looking for CLEAN, inexpensive place to stay for the night. Checked a few forums and am wondering about the Best Inn. Canadian dollar is at a disadvantage because of the lower rate so we need to ad about 18-20% for the exchange. Can you comment on the Best Inn vis a vis noise (traffic) cleanliness, reliability? Much thanks.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

To Racers.

You can make magnificent daytrips from Phoenix but stay overnight because they're a long and fatique.

1. Drive from Phoenix to Apache Jct and take

hw 88 north to Tortilla Flat. From here to Tonto NM but it's not for the faint-hearted because the road is steep and partly not sealed (although it's no problem driving it with a conventional car. We did). Stay the night in Globe (not the most scenic place along this route).

Next day drive north to Show Low (very scenic road), north east to Concho and 180 to Petrified Forest NP and visit this park. Drive to Painted Desert and enjoy the views.

On to I 40 and west to Holbrook to spend the night. From Holbrook you may drive hw 377 to Payson and 87 to Phoenix in one day. I don't know this route, maybe some local experts can inform you.

2. From Phoenix to Tucson, visit Sonora Desert Museum (great to your 6 years old) and visit Saquaro NP. Stay the night in Tucson.

Next day, from Tucson to Tumbstone and Bisbee.

Return to Phoenix. If this is to strenuous, stay in Tucson, there are many more places to visit.

3. Visiting GC from Phoenix in one day is not possible (not to me at least).

Drive from Phoenix to Sedona and stay there for one night. Great outdoors.

Next day:From Sedona to Grand Canyon and visit GC, try to stay the night in Cameron.

Next day from Cameron to Wupatki NM, Sunset Crater Vulcano NM and Walnut Canyon NM and drive back to Phoenix.

There are some daytrips for you!

Tet

Murray,Ky.
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

Tet14,

Thanks for the information.

Racers

Las Vegas
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

Hello Happy Holbrook.

My great grand uncle just gave me and my wife 3 acres of land out there and we are anxious to go out there and take a look this summer. I have been trying to get as much info as possible to help us along.

We are somewhat familiar w/ the Sedona/Flagstaff area and we love it. I read somewhere that its a 70min. drive from Holbrook? Anyway, Im real excited that we found a forum to give us some more info about Holbrook. My Grandmother stayed there many moons ago but other than that we don't have very much to go on.

Any information would be helpfull and I will check out your blog and respond there as well.

Thanks alot, have a great day.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

We will be staying in Holbrook in April and want to eat where the locals eat - not chain restaurants. Andy ideas from native Holbrookians?

9. Re: I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 19:12
Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm happy to provide Holbrook information!

Hi there Happy in Holbrook,

My husband and I and our friends are going to visiting Canyon de Chelly on May 12th

and then will head off towards Tempe.

Its too long of a drive from Chenle so we thought we would stay overnight in Holbrook.

We wanted something with a pool after our no doubt hot tour of the canyon.

I see there are all the usual Days Inns and

Best Westerns, even the Wigwam Motel.

Is there any place that you can recommend for four people in their late 60's who call the wine country of California home?

Thanks for your help.

Cathie in Sonoma

Get answers to your questions about Holbrook