We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost walks and tours

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ghost walks and tours

My husband and i will be in Sedona 10/13 thru 10/20. He would love to do a ghost tour of Jerome. I noticed that there is the annuals ghost walk on 10/13. It appears to be a " show". That only lasts 30 minutes. It costs $20 so I am wondering if there is something more than just a show. Do you also get a walking tour? I also found a 2 hour tour called the Just Jerome Haunted Tour for $35. Can someone tell me which is more fun, more interesting, and worth the time and money. My husband is more interested in doing a guided walking tour of historical buildings, as opposed to an acted out show. Any thoughts?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,762 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost walks and tours

Do the walking tour. You'll get what you pay for. The acting show includes many notable characters from Jerome's colorful history.

Jerome, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Jerome
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost walks and tours

re: differences: The Ghost Walk is a once-a-year live theatre style event that will usually delve into one specific incident from Jerome's past. It's presented by the Jerome Historical Society and will usually visit several sites in the downtown area. Scandalous tidbits about Jerome history will usually be related by your guide. This is a large event and groups of about 25 people will be walking from station to station on the Ghost Walk and a bit of the story will be re-enacted at each stop. It's always fun and we go each year--I'd say it's more history (the exciting parts version that deals with violence and scandal) and less ghost. Jerome will be quite busy the two nights of the Ghost Walk.

Th Haunted Tour will be a much smaller group, will cover multiple different incidents and will allow more interaction with your guide. From what you say about your husband, he'd probably enjoy the Tour more.

3. Re: Ghost walks and tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 09:15
Get answers to your questions about Jerome
Recent Conversations
More Jerome Topics