We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnight in Jerome or Prescott???

San Marcos...
Level Contributor
233 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
overnight in Jerome or Prescott???

We are driving from San Diego and want to spend 1 night either in Prescott or Jerome before going into Sedona. Which is preferable?

Phoenix Az
Level Contributor
387 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: overnight in Jerome or Prescott???

If you want to enjoy a good nights sleep and have a “great” continental breakfast in the morning, good location east of town, fair pricing, internet service, clean room and friendly staff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I would advise using the Quality Inn & Suites highway 69 just east of Prescott.

We always enjoy staying here when we are visiting in the area and have never had any problems.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,460 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: overnight in Jerome or Prescott???

See some posts in the Prescott forum on the best routes to Prescott from San Diego. You have several choices of routes. It's a 7-8 hour drive.

If you want to consider lodging in Jerome:

www.azjerome.com/pages/jerome/lodging2.htm

Prescott has more modern hotels which you can find online.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overnight in Jerome or Prescott???

Have not stayed in Jerome, but have visited...it is a fun town with many new dining experiences and shops. My favorite place to stay in Prescott is by far the Hassayampa Inn. It is within easy walking distance to the town center, the rooms are charming for an old hotel and the lobby is lovely. Usually they have specials that include a meal or two. There are some great B&B's in both towns if you want to avoid the chains.

Rural Valley, PA
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: overnight in Jerome or Prescott???

We stayed at the Best Western in Cottonwood (just outside Jerome) It was very clean and nice and their breakfast in the morning included homemade Belgium waffles! They were wonderful!

Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: overnight in Jerome or Prescott???

We visited Jerome, but unfortunately didn't make it to Prescott. From what we saw of Jerome, I'd say it was worth a day visit, but would pick Prescott for my overnight stay.

If you were thinking of taking the Verde Canyon train - forget it. A huge waste of time. I would have preferred passing that up and we would of had time to drive to Prescott.

6. Re: overnight in Jerome or Prescott???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 10:33
Get answers to your questions about Jerome
Recent Conversations
More Jerome Topics