We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from cape town to titsikama national park

Which Plettenberg Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southampton
2 posts
Save Topic
travel from cape town to titsikama national park

Hiya

me and my mum are going to SA in march 08, I really want to go to Titiskama national park, mainly cos i want to do the bungee jump from bloukrans river bridge,

we will be staying in jo'burg for 5 days then cape town for 5 days, does any one know the quickest and most reasonably price to get there - preferably starting from cape town.

I've looked at some trains but am unsure where they stop, iv also tried bazz bus but that takes 2 days - we want to do the trip in the same day, so we want to leave early and return late.

Also would be grateful of any other info regarding restaurants (particularly vegetarian) places to see etc...

thanks!

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from cape town to titsikama national park

Hi Innocent!

Tsitsikamma National Park has a sea front complex of well-equipped cabins. They're about 10 km from the main highway, Route 2. Inland, outside the park boundaries, there are also numerous guest houses and B&Bs for half the price you'd pay down on the ocean, except that you won't be down on the ocean, and you'll need to commute to and from the park.

They have a fine restaurant right on the ocean in Tsitsikamma park, serving the cabin guests and others who may wish to eat there. We enjoyed it, finding the fare delicious and not unreasonable in price. I can't say as to vegetarian fare, but you could always contact them on the internet.

The Tsitsikamma park cabins fill up fast! Since space is limited, and you're coming all that way, a reservation will be essential. In our case, driving with no reservations and no fixed plans where we might want to stay, we had to sit in our car for a half-hour while park staff reached a decision to cancel the reservation of a no-show to free up room for us. Call in advance to stay in Tsitsikamma National Park.

Others can speak to the train, if any. It's a couple days drive with no dawdling along the way, from Cape Town.

David

southampton
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from cape town to titsikama national park

Hiya

thanks for that advice - if we ever get there to titsikama national park i will keep the cabins in mind.

I dont want to drive over there really and a 2 day drive just seems sooo long! I really didnt realise it was that far!

May have to consider flying!

thanks for the help.

If you or anyone has any other good ideas on travelling from cape town or jo'burg to titiskama please let me no!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from cape town to titsikama national park

Hi

Look at flying into George airport and driving from there.

It would be the quickest rout to take. the flights to and from George are limited so you would have to plan well.

there is so much to see in this area that a couple of days is worth the time.

Nicky

Seattle, Washington
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from cape town to titsikama national park

Also, check out a flight from CPT to Port Elizabeth, tickets are pretty cheap, and it's only 186k from PE to Storms River.

5. Re: travel from cape town to titsikama national park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Plettenberg Bay