We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches during Season in Plett area

Cape Town
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches during Season in Plett area

I have heard that the main beach in Plett called Look Out beach has been washed away and therefore the remaining two (Central and Robberg Beach) can get very cramped. I have been encouraged to go out to Natures Valley as it is so beautiful and apparently not nearly as crowded. Does anyone have any views on this?

dutch
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches during Season in Plett area

Dear Afri Travellor,

You are right. Unfortunately Look Out beach is gone and swallowed by the sea. It means that in season space at the beach is more limited. Beside the space I simply like Nature's Valley beach much more as it is tranquil and surrounded by mountains and forest instead of houses. Even in High season you can walk on the beach and hardly see any people. The scenic road to Nature's Valley (R102) meanders in between beatiful fynbos and indigenous forests. Just a tip the east entrance of the R102 is closed because of flooding. Via the west entrance of the R102 along Lily Pond Country Lodge you will reach Nature's Valley beach and lagoon.

Ip-Lp-Plett

Cape Town
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches during Season in Plett area

If you like many other people on the beach with you, Plett is fine. But if you want hardly anyone on a massive beach, Nature's Valley is it.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
556 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches during Season in Plett area

Hallo There

Yes, as mentioned above, Lookout Beach no longer exists.

Regarding Robberg Beach, this beach spans from the Beacon Isle hotel all the way to Robberg.

It is a beautiful long beach with lots of places to swim which have life guards. I have spent the last 5 years there during the Xmas holidays and have never felt that the beach is crowded, but then again, I do remove myself from the hordes which tend to sit upon each other at certain spots.

It is also a wonderful beach to walk from one end to the other.

4. Re: Beaches during Season in Plett area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Plettenberg Bay
Recent Conversations