We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capetown to Port Elizabeth by Sea

2 posts
Save Topic
Capetown to Port Elizabeth by Sea

Are there boats that take passengers ~ not cruise ships ~ between Capetown and Port Elizabeth

Level Contributor
1,965 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capetown to Port Elizabeth by Sea

Not that I know of - you could fly but the drive is fantastic - I would suggest at least two nights/three days to do it stopping at perhaps Knysna and Montagu

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Capetown to Port Elizabeth by Sea

Not sure that there are any cruise ships that do it.

Selwyn Davidowitz...
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capetown to Port Elizabeth by Sea

To my knowledge there are no boats (other than cruise liners) that do the journey on a commercial passenger basis between Port Elizabeth and Cape Town.

It intrigues me as to why you want to do this journey. Can you share this info with us please?

Selwyn Davidowitz

Very proudly part of the wonderful rainbow nation of South Africa

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Capetown to Port Elizabeth by Sea

We are out in SA for the world cup. 30 years ago I was a young seaman with safmarine and often sailed up the coast. I just wondered whether you could sail as an alternative to flying for nostalgic reasons more than anything else. We are based in the Cape and the last group England game is in PE. Timcee

5. Re: Capetown to Port Elizabeth by Sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Plettenberg Bay
Recent Conversations