We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in April with 3 children: CT-PLETT-CT

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in April with 3 children: CT-PLETT-CT

hello, i would like to post the itinerary i've come up with and hopefully receive some feedback:

we will be driving from cape town to plettenberg bay then flying back from george.

7.4 arriving Cape Town afternoon

spending 3 nights in CT (2 full days)

10.4 driving perhaps via Franschhoek to the R62 with an overnight (Barry? Montage? Swellendam?)

11.4 driving to Plett via stopping at Oudtshoorn (to hasty??)

4 nights in Plett

15.4 flying out of George to CT

2 nights in CT

then fly home

- should we stay another night somewhere (Oudtshoorn?) before arriving in Plett?

- getting to the R62 is it worth detouring through Stellenbosch Franschhoek? or the N1?

- we decided to give Gordons bay/Hermanus a miss since its April.. no whales..wise?

many thanks for any of your comments..

sara

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Franschhoek
Franschhoek
Oudtshoorn
Oudtshoorn
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in April with 3 children: CT-PLETT-CT

hello, i would like to post the itinerary i've come up with and hopefully receive some feedback:

we will be driving from cape town to plettenberg bay then flying back from george.

** Hi - have two kids (5 and 7), live in CPT and have just (October) done Oudtshoorn and Plett trip.

http://6000.co.za/road-trip-oudtshoorn/

Please see my comments below.

7.4 arriving Cape Town afternoon

spending 3 nights in CT (2 full days)

Table Mountain, Aquarium, Waterfront, Beaches (Camps Bay, Clifton, Muizenberg), Constantia wine route, cape point.

10.4 driving perhaps via Franschhoek to the R62 with an overnight (Barry? Montage? Swellendam?)

11.4 driving to Plett via stopping at Oudtshoorn (to hasty??)

Lots to do in Oudtshoorn - you'll need a day: Cango Caves, Cango Ostrich farm, Cango Wildlife Ranch.

I would get to Oudtshoorn and spend the night there. Try www.turnberryhotel.co.za/‎ (personal experience).

4 nights in Plett:

Monkeyland, Birds of Eden, Plett Puzzle Park, Radical Raptors, Knysna Elephant Park

15.4 flying out of George to CT

2 nights in CT

then fly home

- should we stay another night somewhere (Oudtshoorn?) before arriving in Plett?

- getting to the R62 is it worth detouring through Stellenbosch Franschhoek? or the N1?

Stellenbosch/Franschhoek nice to visit a couple of wine farms if you have time. Pretty places. Your call. Drive to Oudtshoorn is +/-4.5 hrs non stop.

- we decided to give Gordons bay/Hermanus a miss since its April.. no whales..wise?

Yes, wise.

many thanks for any of your comments..

my email 6000at6000dotcodotza.

sara

Mentioned in this post
Oudtshoorn
Oudtshoorn
Cape Town
Cape Town
Franschhoek
Franschhoek
Plett Puzzle Park
Plett Puzzle Park
152 Reviews
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
Radical Raptors
Radical Raptors
214 Reviews
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch
2. Re: 10 days in April with 3 children: CT-PLETT-CT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Plettenberg Bay
Recent Conversations