We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town plus safari

San Antonio
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Cape Town plus safari

My husband and I will be traveling to Cape Town at the end of Oct through Nov 10 for 12 days. I have made a reservation at a bed and breakfast in Cape Town for the first four days. My husband would love to take go on safari. It would be great if we could go somewhere that has the big 5 in a natural setting. I have checked airline reservations to Johannesburg and they seem reasonable. We could also rent a car if that would be better. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding whether it would be better to drive or fly and which locations, hotels, etc. you would recommend for a safari that would be reasonably priced? We will also be flying out of Cape Town.

We have never been to South Africa and it feels daunting to try to put together an itinerary.

Limpopo, South...
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town plus safari

Good day to you!

I would recommend a safari in the world-renowned Sabi Sand private game reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. The quality of the game viewing here is supberb and since this might be a once in a life time trip, I really recommend this.

There are a number of great private lodges to choose from, starting from about ZAR1600 per person per night. This would then include en suite luxury accommodation, to game drives in an open safari vehicle per day, an optional bush walk, 3 meals per day and teas and coffees.

If you give me an idea of your budget I will recommend some lodges.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town plus safari

I am slightly confused about which area you want to go on safari. You talk about Joburg, but posted this under Port Elizabeth? Are you wanted to go to the malaria-free Eastern Cape game reserves or Kruger or ..... How long are you going for?

3. Re: Cape Town plus safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 05:27