We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Addo elephant park - honeymoon question ..

Which Port Elizabeth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Addo elephant park - honeymoon question ..

As part of my honeymoon, at the end of the garden route part of our trip, we currently have one night planned in Port Elizabeth. Basically, this would give us only about half a day to explore the elephant park. Is this enough? Is it worth staying an extra night in Port Elizabeth, in order to have a full day to explore the park? Our plan after PE is to head to Kruger for a 3 night luxury safari at Londolozi. Would it be better to instead stay 4 nights in Kruger, rather than adding one day extra to explore Addo park? Are the ecosystems/animals very different?

Thanks very much for any help you can offer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Addo elephant park - honeymoon question ..

Hello,

I saw your other post bt I didn't understand that the choice was between a day at Londoz and a day at Addo. I'd vote for a day at Londoz hands-down -- the Sabi Sands has much more ecological and animal diversity, and you'll be in the company of expert guides and trackers who can drive off-road to follow up interesting sightings.

Cheers,

Julian

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Addo elephant park - honeymoon question ..

If you want to go to Addo then you are going to need more time. What if it rains on that day - you won't see anything then. If you want to take the risk then book a game drive so at least the rangers are more likely to track them down! The sundowner one is good as it's half in the light and half in the dark. It's great to drive round on your own, but you'll probably want more time than half a day. You just don't get tired of seeling those ellies, and when they walk in front of your car it's just magical to be so close.

3. Re: Addo elephant park - honeymoon question ..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 08:20
Get answers to your questions about Port Elizabeth