We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

Arlington
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

My friend and I will be arriving in Johannesburg at 9:30 a.m. from Lusaka and will be leaving that evening at 6:00 p.m. for the US. Is there a lounge or something comparable at the airport that we might be able to have access to where we could leave our luggage and perhaps freshen up? I read that Rennies Travel offers the use of an airport lounge for the day for a fee. Does anyone have information about Rennies Travel?

Regards,

Rhomey

Somerset
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

I have used Rennies Lounge in Cape Town and OR Tambo (Johannesburg) Airports. You can pay on arrival, leave your luggage, have a shower, drinks both hot and cold and snacks are included. Not too sure about spending all day there but certainly good for a few hours. Have a look at - www.renniestravel.co.za/premier.asp…

for more information.

Arlington
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

Thank you very mu;ch. I will contact them directly.

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
259 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

The Rennies Travel lounge is never as crowded as the SAA and BA business class lounges and their food is MUCH better. If you have an American Express Gold card (or higher level) you can get in for free (Amex have a limit on visits per year)

Arlington
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

Thank you. I was wondering if you might have the answer to the following question. Once I enter Rennies Travel Lounge, is it possible to leave the Lounge for a brief period of time to look in the shops in the International Concourse, and then reenter the Lounge? Or must I stay in the Lounge the entire time before I go to check into my connecting international flight?

Rhomey

Somerset
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

You can leave and re-enter the lounge without problem. You can leave your luggage in there whilst shopping in the concourse.

Arlington
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

Thank you very much.

Rhomey

Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

Good question. What is the cost of the lounge?

Gail

Somerset
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

The facilities available are displayed on their website. I emailed them regarding charges as I guessed mine would be out of date. Below is their reply

Terms and Conditions of Use of the Premier Club Departure and Arrivals Lounges at OR Tambo, Cape Town and Durban International,

Port Elizabeth and George Airports

1. Irrespective of their class of travel, airline passengers may use the lounge facilities within the Premier Club Lounges in the Departure areas at OR Tambo, Cape Town and Durban International and Port Elizabeth and George Airports and the Arrivals Lounge at the Airport Sun Intercontinental Hotel at OR Tambo International Airport.

2. Please note that Premier Airport Services reserves the right of admission at all times.

3. No food or beverages will be allowed to be removed from the lounges. Consumption of food and beverages is limited to the lounges only.

4. Operating hours for the lounges are displayed at the lounge and will be adhered to.

5. Lounge visits are restricted to a maximum of three hours or an additional full payment will be required for another three hours or part thereof.

6. Access to the lounges may be facilitated in three ways:

i. Pay as you go/walk-in

ii. Prepaid vouchers

iii. Preloaded Premier Club cards

7. The Premier Club Lounges operate on a pay-as-you-go basis and passengers are able to pay for the lounge access at the reception in the lounges. Cash and all major credit cards are accepted.

8. The walk-in rates for the lounges are as follows:

 International Lounges ZAR154.00 per passenger

 Domestic Lounges ZAR80.00 per passenger

 Arrivals Lounge ZAR275.00 per passenger

9. Prepaid cards and vouchers can be purchased prior to travel.

10. Prepaid cards can be loaded with a predetermined amount and used as and when required. Cards can be purchased at any lounge or through Premier Airport Services Administration.

11. Lounge vouchers can be purchased through Premier Airport Services Administration.

12. The procedure for lounge voucher or lounge card purchase is as follows:

Send an email request to the Administration -

Hope this is of assistance to you, have a great trip

Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

Thank you very much for all that information about the lounge.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
227 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Lounge in Johannesburg Airport

Hi leopardlady

Do you have a Diners Card - -if so you can use their lounge for free, shower, munch away and leave luggage. Or you can pay a small fee and use the lounge. Far cheaper than the others quoted so far. Also has internet facilities for free too.

But you have SUCH a long time between flights. Why not go out and do something interesting with the hours between 10.30 and 4.00pm?

H

Get answers to your questions about Johannesburg