We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World cup 2010

england
9 posts
Save Topic
World cup 2010

Is anyone planning on traveling to SA for the world cup 2010 on a diy basis?

I ned to decide when to start booking hotels ,flights etc

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World cup 2010

not till FIFA confirms that they aren't gonna take it away from SA and give to tho the Aussies because they dont like the way the venues are progressing

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: World cup 2010

Oh ye of little faith ;-)

It'll be SA.

Pity flights etc can't be booked so long in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World cup 2010

Hi,

yes we are planning to travel to SA for the world cup 2010. We have already booked the lodges and worked out what match we want to see in Cape Town - its just a matter of whether we can get tickets when they are released in Feb!

Flights cant be booked now - they only get released 10 - 12months prior (which is annoying!)

If you are planning on doing a safari, I would book now! I was amazed at how many lodges are already booking out! Its crazy!!

:)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World cup 2010

The stadiums are well on track - it's reported by our local radio stations every day - the newcasters have been to them (at least the big ones in Jhb) and they are 100% on track. They are going to be magnificent!

As for booking hotels, I would do it now - you are spoiled for choice here in SA - reasonably priced (as far as Europe goes), 5 star hotels and lodges. I imagine all they would want is a deposit at this stage? Flights you would probably need to book closer.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: World cup 2010

yeah... i remember having my France 2007 Rugby ticket package 2 years before the world cup started. it was so bladdy frustrating not being able to book accomm and flights in advance. Eventually when I could book - the prices were through the roof.

Still had a great time though. ;-)

2010's gonna be fantastic and I hope I can get home to watch a game or 2. I'm not really a football fan. But world cups are different - I always watch world cups.

But a world cup in SA!!! - thats gonna be something special.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: World cup 2010

Hi,

Im trying to do all my planning and booking now.

Any tips of good places to stay, any places that will accept booking this far out?

How much are the drink and food in jo;burg in rand?

Im so excited world cup in SA will be truly amazing !!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: World cup 2010

Hi

We have booked Elephant Plains and Gomo Gomo and also paid deposits.

Haven't been able to secure anything in Cape Town yet but have put my name on a few waiting lists for when they release their 2010 rates.

I agree - The World Cup in SA will be awesome!! Just need to try and get tickets when they are released in Feb! We really want to see a game in Cape Town.

Have fun planning your trip!

Soraya :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
314 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: World cup 2010

can someone explain how the ticket process works?

I am worried b/c we want 5 tickets, so two of our party was going to apply for one set of 3 and one set of 2 tickets. What happens if we don't get enough for all 5? Can we exchange from someone else?

very confusing - and the site doesn't help much except that I know that I can't sell any tickets I were to win!

9. Re: World cup 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2009, 23:37
10. Re: World cup 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2009, 23:37