We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United States to South Africa To Cork Ireland and Back tp...

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
5 posts
Save Topic
United States to South Africa To Cork Ireland and Back tp...

Any advice on a good airline or travel agent that can help me with this multi-country request?

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United States to South Africa To Cork Ireland and Back tp...

Premier Tours -- 1430 Walnut Street, 2nd Floor -- Philadelphia, PA 19102 -- (800) 545-1910 -- info@premiertours.com

very good

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United States to South Africa To Cork Ireland and Back tp...

Interesting itinery!!

I have been to all those places :)

Have a wonderful trip.......why not visit Scotland too ?????

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United States to South Africa To Cork Ireland and Back tp...

There a number of low cost airlines that fly between the UK and Cork. So it might be easier to get a through ticket US-UK-SA and do a stopover in the UK in order to enable you to take advantage of the low fares to Cork. BMIbaby fly Manchester to Cork and I know you can get direct flights from Chicago to Manchester as I've done this trip. From Manchester though, you have to fly via London to get to SA. So may well be best to to fly Chicago-London and try and pick up a cheap flight from London to Cork on your return journey. Its only about an hour and a half tops to Cork.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United States to South Africa To Cork Ireland and Back tp...

also check out www.easyjet.com for cheap european flights.

ireland
Level Contributor
150 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United States to South Africa To Cork Ireland and Back tp...

You;ve got good advice above to take London as a hub. There are lots of cheapie flights between all the London airports and Cork. SAA (South African) is, I think, one of the very best airlines with which to travel long haul from South Africa. They are in a one-world-alliance deal with Aer Lingus, the Irish national carrier, which means you can check your bags straight through etc. You can't do that with Ryanair, which will be a complete pain if you're arriving in London early after an overnight flight.

Aer Lingus have cheap online deals also - google them, I'm sorry I can't remember their URL. It might be http://www.aerlingus.com

good luck