We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Johan for one afternoon

athens
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Johan for one afternoon

Dear all,

I will in Johan for one afternoon (13:00) in August as a I am travelling from OR Tambo to another destination.

In which area - hotel do you suggest me to stay so to be close to a safe area with shops & restaurants but also not far from the airport?

Thanks

Cape Town
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Johan for one afternoon

Hi Less,

At first I thought you were talking about a person... we are more accustomed to Jozi, Joburg, JHB or Egoli but Johan is nice too ;-)

Please let me know what kind of price range, setting you have in mind and I'm sure I can recommend something.

But if you are only in Johan (starting to like it!) for a few hours, you can probably easily entertain yourself at the airport itself - it has many nice restaurants and shops. Alternatively you could for example (if you have more time) take a cab to the Apartheid Museum or one of the other attractions.

When do you arrive at the airport and when is your flight out? Is it domestic or international?

Cheers,

Ronald

ZippingZebra

athens
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Johan for one afternoon

Thanks for the reply,

Well I will be in Johannesburg from 13:00 until the next morning. So there will be the whole afternoon and evening for getting around.

What I would like is a hotel or an area easy accesible to airport (as my morning flight will be early) but at the same time something around to spend the time.

Price range could be something between R1000-1500

Thanks again

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
847 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Johan for one afternoon

You might want to ask one of the destination experts to recommennd some kind of tour. We had most of a day to kill, and took a tour from around 8:30 in the morning till around 1:00 that included a couple of suburbs, down town and Soweto. It was very worthwhile. I assume something similar could be done from 1:30 till early evening. Again the DE's can steer you on the right path. We stayed at the Sun Country Airport during our last layover.

4. Re: Johan for one afternoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 06:22