We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finish in Pretoria - what to do next?

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Finish in Pretoria - what to do next?

Hi There

Im finishing a project and get dropped Pretoria on a Monday afternoon in August at 1pm, I don’t fly until Friday lunchtime from Jo’burg what shall I do with my spare days? How can I get to Kruger from here, is it a long Journey? I want to do/see as much as possible – prepared to travel but I wont be driving? Any advice/tips will be greatly appreciated as really struggling

Many Thanks in advance

Stef

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finish in Pretoria - what to do next?

find a tour company that will take you to the kruger and panorama route

Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finish in Pretoria - what to do next?

Get the heck out of the city of you can!

There are two options to get to Kruger.

Option 1:

From Johannesburg fly to Nelspruit's KMIA airport(MQP is the abbreviation on sites advertising flights), rent a car and drive to to Malelane gate or 100km to Crocodile bridge gate. Nelspruit is not far from Kruger.

The flight is only 40 minutes.

Pretoria is about 70km from Johannesburg. The best route to the airport from Pretoria is the R21.

In Kruger stay 3-4 days in Lower Sabie rest camp, or Skukuza rest camp, or Satara, or any of the other rest camps. Really, really recommended. There is only one Kruger.

Option 2:

This is a budget option:

From Pretoria there is a shuttle running all the way to Nelspruit. The trip takes 4 hours. The twice daily service is called Citybug. The cost is about $50 one way.

In Nelspruit rent a car at around $40 or less per day and drive the last 50 - 100 km yourself

Go to www. citybug.co.za

www.sanparks.org.za

www.travelstart.co.za

Edited: 01 April 2011, 18:19
Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finish in Pretoria - what to do next?

Another Citybug shuttle goes straight from Nelspruit to the airport in Johannesburg

4. Re: Finish in Pretoria - what to do next?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 00:19