We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

bristol
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hey Johannesburgians...hows the weather just now? I arrive Monday, and I'm not sure how thickk a coat I should bring!

:-)

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Hi Lynny

Don't know about Joburg. Forecast says that it was 18C max today and was zero last night. So you def would need a coat.

However I just got in from Stellenbosch and, this afternoon, it was 30 (THIRTY) C. Brilliant clear sunshine and no wind! Twenty Seven in the city. Not bad for the middle of winter!

By next Monday, however, everything could (will!) be totally different! here's the week's forecast for Joburg (for what it's worth!) - www.weathersa.co.za/web/Tables.asp…

Anyway I'm sure you will have a great trip!

Edited: 02 August 2011, 14:36
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
581 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Hi Lynny

Have a great trip and make sure you come back on here and write a trip report for us all

Lisa

bristol
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Thanks Guys!

VdC - That's good to hear! I will be down there towards the end of the trip, so hope it continues! I hate to think I am leaving the short spell of good weather the UK will have in exchange for another winter!

Lisa, I sure will!

Thanks everyone for your help with my planning for this trip.

Xx

4. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 10:17