We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checking luggage through to Namibia via Johannesburg

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall England
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Checking luggage through to Namibia via Johannesburg

We have booked flights with Air France from UK going from Bristol to Paris onto Johannesburg and then Air Namibia to Windhoek.

Our flight arrives in Jburg at 09.50. Our flight to Windhoek leaves at 12.15. Our agent has recommended checking our luggage right through and our Air Namibia flight is showing on the Air France booking when I look at their website.

I am nervous that the luggage will not arrive after transferring through 4 airports. Does Air France and Air Namibia have baggage agreements? Would it be better to collect our luggage at Jburg and check it in again to Windhoek? would we have time to do this?

I have no idea how big the airport is at Jburg and how near/far the check in desk for Air Namibia is from luggage claim. Am I making it difficult for myself? am I actually entering SA from luggage claim for example and complicating the whole thing? thanks for any help you can give me. Charlie

11. Re: Checking luggage through to Namibia via Johannesburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 03:18