We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Living in Johannesburg

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
India
2 posts
Save Topic
Cost of Living in Johannesburg

Hi,

I am an IT professional living in India and I got an Oppurtunity to work in SA (Johannesburg) for one Year.

It will be highly appreciable if you answer the below question to the best of your knowledge.

1) How much would be required for a family of 4 (Me, wife and 2 kids (4 years and 2 years)) to live a Moderate & decent life in Johannesburg.

2) Fees of pre-primary school (Sr. Kindergarten)

3) Any other expenses I should keep in mind?

Company would be providing us the accommodation (in Sandton), medical insurance and a car.

Provide me the detailed list of expenses on food in a week for running a family of 4. like grocery items, fruits, vegetables, milk, etc.

I would be getting around 14k Rands in hand. Will that be sufficient including some savings for future?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ashish

India
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Cost of Living in Johannesburg

Thanks Sarah and Klaus for quick response.

What would be normal cost for fully furnished 1 or 2 bedroom apartment?

22. Re: Cost of Living in Johannesburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:18