We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jhb station connecting Gautrain

Cedarville
1 post
Save Topic
Jhb station connecting Gautrain

Sorry for sounding silly but I don't know Jhb and surroundings at all. My husband and I are travelling from Kokstad on the Greyhound bus to Jhb. The drop off point is next to Jhb station. Now I would like to know if I can get on the Gautrain from there to travel to OT airport where I am going to pick up a vehicle. Thank you

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jhb station connecting Gautrain

No, you can't unfortunately - the Rosebank-Park Station (aka Jhb station) leg of the Gautrain route is still not open - www.gautrain.co.za indicates it will be opening "soon"....

This thread, reanimated yesterday, indicates that a taxi may be your best bet:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…39683493

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jhb station connecting Gautrain

The Gautrain station is adjacent to Park Station. Outside the station there are shuttle buses every 15 mins to Rosebank Station where you can continue on the train to OR Tambo airport.

3. Re: Jhb station connecting Gautrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2013, 09:21
Get answers to your questions about Johannesburg