We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city lodge hotel ,inside johannesburg airport

jerusalem
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
city lodge hotel ,inside johannesburg airport

can anyone tell me if the rooms of this hotel are proof against the noise of planes, and which are the prefered sides?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
20 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: city lodge hotel ,inside johannesburg airport

You won't hear a thing. Probably all the rooms are fine, but if you're not sure just ask them when you book. You can get the room for R660 per night if you book via bid2stay.co.za The normal rate is almost double. Very good value for money.

jerusalem
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: city lodge hotel ,inside johannesburg airport

thank you very very much

we have heard about bid2stay - but we ca'nt make a reservation now for september. just for april or may.so we shall wait 2 months before doing the reservation

we shall reserve 1 night, as we planned, and want to reserve 2 nights more (after our victoria falls tour,) in order to make a tour to pretoria and enviroments

do you think it is convenient to be in this

hotel as a regular hotel and not just for flights?

thanks

palgil

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: city lodge hotel ,inside johannesburg airport

Hi Palgil!

Lol! I'm afraid I'd disagree about the noise ... some noise is inevitable. Fortunately, the hotel is not on the flight path, and the terminal building would screen some of the noise, but you will still get some of it. If anything, I would go for a room on the western side.

However, I would recommend one of the nearby guesthouses, which offer far better value than a hotel. There are numerous ones in the vicinity that will offer free airport shuttles and some offer wonderful home-cooked meals.

Some guesthouses and lodges include Sunrock (www.sunrock.co.za), Airport Game Lodge (www.airport-game-lodge.co.za), A1 Airport Lodge (http://a1airportlodge.co.za/), Chamonix Guest Lodge (www.chamonixguestlodge.com).

Hope this helps.

If you're looking for a

Mentioned in this post
Sunrock Guesthouse
Sunrock Guesthouse
1,480 Reviews
Kempton Park, South Africa
Airport Game Lodge
Airport Game Lodge
338 Reviews
Kempton Park, South Africa
4. Re: city lodge hotel ,inside johannesburg airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:16