We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day safari for large group...does such a thing exist?

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Day safari for large group...does such a thing exist?

We are a group of about 30 people with a day to spare who want to get a taste of the African wildlife and bush..there are some game parks around the Jo'burg area but I'm wondering if there are places that will accommodate our group for a day, and what the costs would be per person for such a large group?

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day safari for large group...does such a thing exist?

I would suggest Pilanesberg. It's Big5 country, about 2 hours drive from JHB and one can do day trips. I just cant recommend a tour operator. Maybe someone else can otherwise just google.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day safari for large group...does such a thing exist?

Www..firelighttours.co.za. They have great tours and they can help you.. Ask for Peter of Petra.

( mentioned my name)

Good luck.

Annemieke

Owner of Thatch22

Edited: 26 February 2013, 18:24
Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day safari for large group...does such a thing exist?

Hello, yes this can definitely be done. You can take a coach ride to the Pilanesberg Game Reserve, which by coach is about 3 hours drive from the main airport. There are 36 seater coaches available. If you leave early, say around 6am, you can spend the full day there, and there are also game drives you can do in large open game viewing vehicles. It depends on where you departure point is as to the cost. I recommend you spend the day there, if you leave at 6am, you will return around 6pm. Contact Johan at www.africantimeout.co.za he will organize this for you. He is a safari operator.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day safari for large group...does such a thing exist?

I suggest that you do the Pilanesberg tour with a couch. Then I suggest that you book a private open vehicle Game drive in the afternoon to make the most of the safari. In this way you will see more animals and the Game Rangers have contact with other rangers where to find the best animals. Then you have both options in one day and have a nice lunch at one of the game lodges at noon when it is very hot and most animals are quite lazy at that time of the day.

Agnes - Felleng Tours

5. Re: Day safari for large group...does such a thing exist?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 05:16