We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Johannesburg - suggestions for something to do this weekend

Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Johannesburg - suggestions for something to do this weekend

I am living in J'Burg for the next 3 months and I am based in an apartment block within a mall complex. It's driving me mad not being able to just go outside and walk about and most of the activities in the guidebooks are either museums, guided tours of soweto or suggest leaving town for a safari.

There must be something to do in J'Burg that is not inside (I want to enjoy the sunshine) and not a tourist attraction! Please help. I would love to find a safe park to enjoy or a rooftop garden or even just find a row of cafes and shops that you can sit out the front of watching the world go by. Please no more malls! I went to Arts of Main and that was fab - any other suggestions similar?

Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Johannesburg - suggestions for something to do this weekend

Thanks for your message - I am delighted with everyones suggestions and I think this should keep me busy.

I am so glad that there are lots of things to do and that this city has so much to offer. The guidebooks from the Uk aren't that great and this has been really helpful - thank you !

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Johannesburg - suggestions for something to do this weekend

Do the people you work with follow their own advice I wonder - how sad if they do ...

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Johannesburg - suggestions for something to do this weekend

In which area do you work and stay? Maybe this will help us understand the advice your co-workers are giving you. It's hard to believe they all just stay locked in all day, if they do then I feel sorry for them, but then you get those people who just never go anywhere. Joburg and surrounds has got a lot to offer, you just need to know where to look. Enjoy your exploration of the city! (-: with all these suggestions you'll be busy the rest of the year

14. Re: Johannesburg - suggestions for something to do this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:21