We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing flights in JNB

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
35 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Changing flights in JNB

Flying into JNB from Zambia next August and taking BA flight out of JNB the same day.

The flight Im looking at gives me 2.5 hours between flights. Given customs etc, is that enough or should I be prudent and take an earlier flight from Zambia or even spend a day in JoBurg?

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing flights in JNB

Hi, are you flying out International form JNB or domestic? If International then your luggage will be labeld throug. (ask when checking in at Zambia) hen you are in transit , so no customs and to piuck up your luggage. If Domestic, yes your time is a bit short.

cheers,

Annemieke

owner Thatch22 guesthouse

Jo'burg - SA
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing flights in JNB

2.5 hours is more than enough. I have flown in and our several times and have never ever taken more than 30 minutes through customs... But I'm a resident

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing flights in JNB

It can take pretty long for mon residents special in the mornings when it is busy at customs. One it took us 2 hours once. And we are residents too!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing flights in JNB

In fact, 2.5 hours is certainly enough. Only some unusual event would prevent you from getting on to your next flight as you need to.

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changing flights in JNB

Hello, why not spend the day in Johannesburg, if you have never been here, there is lots to see. You can overnight near the airport, City lodge is over the road and well priced. then you can take a day tour to see Soweto or Apartheid Museum. Other popular tours include Cradle of Humankind, Lesedi Cultural village, Walk with Elephants and many other place to suit your interests.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

6. Re: Changing flights in JNB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:17