We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe travel to Bedforview

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Safe travel to Bedforview

I'll be in Johannesburg at the end of November and have relatives to visit in Bedfordview. I'll be staying in Benoni, with a ride to the airport or Gautrain each morning. I would like advice on the best way to get to Bedfordview. Is the best option a taxi from the airport?

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe travel to Bedforview

taxi is about your only option unless you book with a transfer company, or self drive

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe travel to Bedforview

Thanks for getting back to me. Is getting a taxi from the airport best? Or is there a Gautrain Station that would be closer? Any ideas how much a taxi would be?

3. Re: Safe travel to Bedforview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 October 2013, 23:05
4. Re: Safe travel to Bedforview

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2013, 08:25
Edited: 27 October 2013, 08:25
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe travel to Bedforview

Not sure I get why you would want to go from Benoni to Bedfordview via either the airport or one of the Gautrain stations. Far simpler to go direct. Hiring a car and driving yourself not an option? It's a fairly simple drive albeit in heavy traffic.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe travel to Bedforview

Good to know that going direct is better. What is involved with hiring a car? How do I find a driver?

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe travel to Bedforview

One thing I am puzzled about. If you have relatives in Bedford View:

a: why dont you ask them to pick you up

b: why dont you ask them for advise (they should know best)

c: why dont you ask them to make arrangements for you

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Edited: 04 November 2013, 21:05
Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe travel to Bedforview

There are great places to stay near Bedfordview. There is really nothing much to see near Benoni and not a great place to stay. Bedfordview is also near the airport and one of the airport transfer company's will get you from the airport to bedfordview fairly quickly and cheaper than going from Benoni.

9. Re: Safe travel to Bedforview

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Johannesburg