We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis outside Gautrain stations

Desenzano Del...
Level Contributor
66 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis outside Gautrain stations

I will be using some Gautrain stations (Rosebank, Midrand and Park) during my short stay in Joburg. I will not have a cell phone on me. Can anybody tell me if there are any taxi stands outside these stations? If not, how can I call/get a taxi? Is it safe to walk to the taxi stand or wait for a taxi outside the stations with luggage? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
139 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis outside Gautrain stations

There are generally taxis right outside the stations operated on an official price list which the taxi marshalls will show you. Prices are generally quite high, I prefer to use Uber but that isn't really an option without a phone.

Desenzano Del...
Level Contributor
66 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis outside Gautrain stations

Thanks. I feel better. A phone call would cost me probably more than the taxi ride. In any case, I do not have to go very far from the Gautrain stations I will be using.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis outside Gautrain stations

If you don't have to travel far from the stations why don't you use the Gautrain busses? They run everyday until 18:00 except over weekends, then you'll have to use a taxi.

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis outside Gautrain stations

Hello, if you are on your own, there are now small TukTuks (scooters which are covered and take 1 person) they are right outside the Gautrain station on the other side opposite the Michelangelo Hotel entrance. They are much cheaper than a taxi.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

5. Re: Taxis outside Gautrain stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Johannesburg