We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excursion in or around gauteng

Johannesburg, South...
1 post
Save Topic
excursion in or around gauteng

hi,

me and a colleague of mine (2 guys) want to take a day's trip for the election day on May 7th, since we are not SA citizens. Is there any place you can suggest in or around Gauteng, which is no more than 3 hours drive? We will be driving from Fourways/JHB.

The plan is to leave on May 6th after work, stay at a backpackers that night and return next evening. What we seek is a town or village with beautiful nature, preferably a nice pub for the evening, a backpackers to stay and enough things to do/see for a day.

cheers.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excursion in or around gauteng

Clarens or the Pilansberg are both within the time frame. Pilansberg is game viewing. Clarens has a number of adventure activities that you can do (rafting, quad biking etc). There is a backpackers there and a couple of pubs. There is also plenty of hikes and other outdoor stuff to do as mentioned.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: excursion in or around gauteng

I've heard Parys is a nice place to visit but have t been there so can't really comment. Not sure if there are backpackers there either. But google it and see what you think.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
139 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excursion in or around gauteng

Dullstroom is also a good option, lots of outdoorsy stuff and nice restaurants and pubs. Good for fishing.

4. Re: excursion in or around gauteng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:16