We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian National

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Indian National

Hi i am an indian passport holder and will be travelling to Pemba..i just want to know if im going via Johannesburg should in need a transit visa even if im only there for 2-3hours to wait for the connecting flight to Pemba..please help..

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian National

Ask your embassy

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,588 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian National

Pemba in Mozambique or Pemba in Tanzania?

My understanding is that you need a transit visa only if visiting one of SA's neighbouring countries. So yes for Mozambique, no for Tanzania.

www.sahc.org.au/visas/Transit_Visa.html

Hope you have plenty of time, I've read on another forum that there are delays, and new regulations from October mean you have to apply in person at the consulate-

business-standard.com/article/current-affair…

safaritalk.net/topic/…

3. Re: Indian National

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:17