We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JNB Non-Airport Hotel for One Night

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
30 reviews
JNB Non-Airport Hotel for One Night

Hello,

We are flying into JNB for one night at the end of March before heading to our game reserve / lodge. Our original overnight flight from JNB was due to get in later, but I received an e-mail from Virgin Atlantic stating we were now departing 3 hours earlier on the Thursday and landing before 8:00 am on the Friday. Our flight to HDS is not until 10:15 am on the Saturday.

I am now thinking we could stay somewhere else other the Intercontinental at JNB we booked which is requiring two rooms for the three of us. The cost of this one night is going to cost £600. I would rather spend this money (or less) somewhere else other than the airport hotel.

So I am really looking for suggestions for a good location that is not too far from the airport. I like the look of the African Pride Hotel, but I am open to other suggestions. Thanks for the help.

16 replies to this topic
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
11. Re: JNB Non-Airport Hotel for One Night

We stayed at the African Rock Hotel in Klempton Park and love it. It has a free shuttle and is about 15 - 20 minutes from the airport. They have family rooms and serve a wonderful dinner (extra fee). Breakfast is included.

12. Re: JNB Non-Airport Hotel for One Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 October 2016, 01:05

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
285 posts
26 reviews
13. Re: JNB Non-Airport Hotel for One Night

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Jo-burg airport a few weeks ago and liked it. I also considered the intercontinental since its in the same hotel group but the holiday inn costs significantly less points. They have a decent restaurant, small but decent gym and a shuttle that goes to the airport and to a nearby mall.

2 posts
14. Re: JNB Non-Airport Hotel for One Night

Thanks for the endorsement cbir.

Southern Sun O. R. Tambo will not charge for an early arrival in this case if we are in a position to provide a room on arrival. It is highly likely that we will have rooms available by the time that you get to the hotel. It will be helpful to book as an early arrival to ensure that we endeavour to prepare the rooms accordingly. Whilst I have no sight of the date required, the worst case scenario would be that we ask you to give us some time to prepare the rooms whilst you enjoy a breakfast or some hospitality in our coffee bar.

Regards

Antony Larsen

General Manager

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
7 reviews
15. Re: JNB Non-Airport Hotel for One Night

Well done Antony; I wish you would go and set an example to the hotels I frequent in Frankfurt and Delhi!

2 posts
16. Re: JNB Non-Airport Hotel for One Night

Thanks Gerald D. Flexibility is key when it comes to our location.

Regards

Antony

Reply to: JNB Non-Airport Hotel for One Night
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kempton Park
Recent Conversations