We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Pretoria from Johannesburg

Which Pretoria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Transport to Pretoria from Johannesburg

We will be arriving in Johannesburg in April, 2011 and need to get to Pretoria for the World Disability Games. We are prepared to take a taxi or similar. Is this safe and how much should it cost and would be get a taxi from the airport okay.?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Pretoria from Johannesburg

Sadly you are just a few months too early! In the next few months the new Gautrain high speed, rapid transit rail system will open all the way from the airport, through Sandton (northern Joburg suburbs and already operating) to both Joburg and Pretoria.

Final opening all the way to Pretoria is scheduled around June so unfortunately this is not an option. Best is to prebook a shuttle to meet you at the airport - especially if there are a number of you. More reliable and cheaper than taking a taxi from the airport.

Lots of companies recommended on here. One of the best is http://www.airportshuttle.co.za/default.asp

Price airport to Pretoria in a saloon car (up to 3 passengers) is R395 (approx AU$56). For a larger vehicle contact them for prices.

Edited: 18 March 2011, 07:49
Chevy Chase...
Level Contributor
52 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Pretoria from Johannesburg

It's too late for you, but in case it helps others, another company is EZShuttle. Their rate per vehicle from the airport to Pretoria is R415 (1-3 pax) or R560 (4-7 pax). I had no problems with them and liked that I could book online.

www.ezshuttle.co.za/rates_pretoria2.php

Johannesburg, South...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Pretoria from Johannesburg

i am looking for four people to to travel with from jhb cbd to pretoria cbd and hatfield my work number 0123663167 ask for Sean Butler i leave jhb at 6 in the mornings and leave work at 17:00,pick up points can be arranged

Edited: 03 January 2013, 08:34
4. Re: Transport to Pretoria from Johannesburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 04:17