We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glen afric lodge

Level Contributor
402 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Glen afric lodge

We are attending a wedding at the Glen afric lodge and Safari next April.

Has anyone stayed there before and what did you think ?

Thanks

Worcester
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glen afric lodge

We have not stayed there but we are on the 9th March. I will post a remark when I get back.

Having had a number of conversations with the owner, I am expecting this to be a wonderful place

Les

Worcester
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glen afric lodge

We have not stayed there but we are on the 9th March. I will post a remark when I get back.

Having had a number of conversations with the owner, I am expecting this to be a wonderful place

Les

Level Contributor
402 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glen afric lodge

Thanks for that I look forward to your post.

Tried to get idea from Wild at Heart last night on the Television as it is filmed there but did not see very much !!

north
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Glen afric lodge

Just got married there on14TH Feb. FANTASTIC, you must allow time to stay there after the wedding, so much to see and do. Rooms basic by our standards but more than adiquate

ENJOY YOURSELF.

CLIFF

north
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Glen afric lodge

See photo's at thealbum.co.za

Level Contributor
402 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glen afric lodge

Thanks for that, only five weeks to go and I will let Our friends know who are getting married there that it was fantastic.

Worcester
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glen afric lodge

We stayed their on the 9th March for one night. I thought it a far better experience than a standard hotel room. It will take you about 40mins to gettheir from Sandto and about an hour from the airport but well worth the journey. As it happened it was a wonderful start to our holiday.

The farm is home to a number or ophaned animals. On the game drive we got to walk with elephants and also were able to handle some 3 month old lion cubs.

The only down side was the film crew. When we were there ,we were the only guests as the Wild at Heart (American version) was being filmed. They really did take over the place. Whilst it did'nt bother us to much, It would annoy some guests as you really did feel unwelcome. The staff were very helpful and the food they prepared in the vening was excellent. We were just not allowed to use the lodge during the day and had to have breakfast by our room because of the filming. The film crew were also very noisy from 6.00am in the morning.

I would definately stay their again and would have no doubt recommending Glen Afric as long as the film crew isn't there as well

Level Contributor
402 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Glen afric lodge

Thanks LesW123.

I did not know they were filming an American version.

I knew that the filming for the UK had finished but hopefully they will not be there when we are on the ( 17-19/4/07 ) as I presume the wedding will near enough take over the place and I do not think people will be pleased having to share with a film crew and eating breakfasts in the room plus there might be a few sore heads the morning after the wedding and if they get woken up at 6am, well !!!

Glad you enjoyed it and I will post a review when we get back from the trip on the 29th April.

bromsgrove
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Glen afric lodge

Been reading these posts with interest as I'm getting married there too on the 28th April. I was told by wedding co ordinator that the filming would not interfere with our wedding. Am going out for a couple of days to see for myself next week and will report back on my return on 11th April.

I see lesW123 is from worcester- moved from there last year and now in Bromsgrove.

10. Re: Glen afric lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 10:18