We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere in Sandton I can watch Sky Sports?

Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anywhere in Sandton I can watch Sky Sports?

I'm staying at the holiday inn Sandton next week. I arrive early on 13/05 Sunday morning and was wondering if there is anywhere nearby where I might be able to watch Sky Sports - last day of the English Premiership?

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywhere in Sandton I can watch Sky Sports?

Have you checked with the hotel what satellite channels they offer?

Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anywhere in Sandton I can watch Sky Sports?

I haven't actually checked with the hotel. Mainly due to the fact that I was told by a friend that they only had 'warm' bottled beer and I fancied a nice chilled pint to watch the football :) but I'll drop them an email to find out. Thanks for your reply.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
653 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anywhere in Sandton I can watch Sky Sports?

Hahahahahaha - you know the British are the kings of warm beer!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
851 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anywhere in Sandton I can watch Sky Sports?

We searched high and low in Sandton last February for somewhere to watch the 6 Nations but were unsuccessful, the one or two places we found were, naturally, only showing SA matches . We were told that our only hope would be where we were staying.

Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anywhere in Sandton I can watch Sky Sports?

Thanks for your replys!

It looks like the DStv network is similar to Sky and there are 7 Super Sports channels plus ESPN.

Looking at the TV guide the Premiership games are on SS5 & SS7 at 15:00 on Sunday... http://www.dstv.com/guide/

There's hope of a 'cold' beer yet! :-)

Scotland
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anywhere in Sandton I can watch Sky Sports?

Quick update for future reference...

It turns out that the Holiday Inn Sandton does have all Super Sports channels in the rooms.

However I also found that 'Europa' which is just around the corner from the hotel in 'The Village Walk' shopping centre was also showing the games. I ended up sitting in there having a couple of beers and watched the Man City game.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anywhere in Sandton I can watch Sky Sports?

A Sunday is fine for watching English football in bars. The only thing it might conflict with is a Grand Prix. On a Saturday, (excluding December, January and part of February) rugby rules most places.

8. Re: Anywhere in Sandton I can watch Sky Sports?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 16:16