We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authentic Soweto Experience

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Authentic Soweto Experience

A few friends and me decided we wanted to experience Soweto on a authentic experience. We contacted Nigel at Taste of Africa tours. It was an amazing experience. He drove us to the house that we would be staying at and then introduced us to our guide. Our guide and resident of Soweto took us walking. We went so many of the historical sights as well as having dinner and drinks with the locals in a sheebeen. We also were able to visit a daycare in an informal settlement. Our host at the house we stayed at made us pap for breakfast. If you want to break the stereotypes of what you hear or have heard about the townships in SA this is the way to do it. I am a teacher in Chicago and this one experience really opened my eyes. www.tasteofafrica.co.za plus the money you pay for the tour goes to the residents of Soweto.

1. Re: Authentic Soweto Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2011, 06:51
Get answers to your questions about Soweto
Recent Conversations