We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soweto tour recommendation please

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Soweto tour recommendation please

We'll be spending 2 days in Johannesburg in August and would like to have a look around Soweto for about half a day. I'm having trouble finding the sort of tour we would like to take. We want to see all the important historical landmarks in the township but not just by driving through on a coach. Unfortunately I can't do a bicycle tour due to a dodgy knee, though I can walk without problems. Can someone recommend one please, or suggest a way we could visit the important sites and basically just see what daily life is like in Soweto, maybe visit a home and a shebeen, walk around for a while - that sort of thing?

Edited: 06 January 2011, 10:57
14 replies to this topic
11. Re: Soweto tour recommendation please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 October 2011, 11:35
Edited: 29 October 2011, 11:35

12. Re: Soweto tour recommendation please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 November 2011, 22:05
Edited: 15 November 2011, 22:05

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Soweto tour recommendation please

This is the company we used and recommended highly in our trip report tripadvisor.co.uk/…35580010

Gold Coast
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Soweto tour recommendation please

I am looking for a walking tour of Soweto, can anyone recommend any?

Can anyone recommend usizo tours they do walking tours of Soweto the guide meets you at your hotel and then you use Public transport to get to Soweto?

Any comments would be helpful as I am traveling alone. I will be in Johannesburg 25 September.

Thank you Catherine

Reply to: Soweto tour recommendation please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Soweto
Recent Conversations