We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to get from Sedona or Flagstaff to Kingman?

Which Kingman hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
How long to get from Sedona or Flagstaff to Kingman?

Hi Again You Very Helpful Folk!

How long of a drive is it from Sedona via 89A to Williams and then Route 66/I40 combination to Kingman? OR Flagstaff to Kingman via Route 66/I40 combination. (I haven't made up my mind our starting point!) This won't be a straight run, but rather one with stops, such as Seligman. But I am trying to get a sense of how long the actual drive is so that I can plan how long to stay at the various places in-between. And while I'm asking, how long from Kingman to Oatman to LV?

Thanks!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to get from Sedona or Flagstaff to Kingman?

Sedona to Williams is about 45 mins to an hour. Then Williams to Kingman is 2 hours. SO from Sedona probably around 3 hours depending on traffic ect...

Williams to LV is about 4 1/2 hrs give or take not sure about Oatman. Haven't been in decades.

NJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to get from Sedona or Flagstaff to Kingman?

Thanks! This gives me a good idea of how much time I have to spend and when I might arrive at the hotel.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
69 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to get from Sedona or Flagstaff to Kingman?

Kingman to Oatman is about 45 minutes. If you continue on, you will end up in Bullhead and from there it is about 2 hours to Las Vegas Via Search light. When you are in Seligman, I would take Route 66 to Kingman instead of I-40. The drive is so much better and has very little traffic. There are a few fun places between Seligman and Kingman on 66, like the Grand Canyon Caverns, and the Keepers of the Wild. Both have websites if you want to check them out.

Have Fun and Enjoy AZ!

NJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to get from Sedona or Flagstaff to Kingman?

Thanks! I'll check those places out.

5. Re: How long to get from Sedona or Flagstaff to Kingman?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 11:21