We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rt. 66 from Kingman to Seligman

Which Kingman hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rt. 66 from Kingman to Seligman

Hi All,

We will be going to the Grand Canyon in May. Flying into Las Vegas and renting a car. I thought it would be fun to take Rt. 66 from Kingman to Seligman on our way to Williams. Can you tell me what the road and drive is like? 2 lane or 4 lane? Is it a lot a mountain driving? Scary with drop-offs? Also, how long does it take and what are some interesting places to see. Thanks for all your help.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rt. 66 from Kingman to Seligman

A good many quiet,scenic places along side the road IF, you bring your own ! Stop by the deli case at the Bashas supermarket on the right, just after turning off the 93 on to the Historic 66... Best Also, to fuel the car here as well ! ... carracar

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rt. 66 from Kingman to Seligman

Good advice by carracar but also Peach Springs has several restaurants.

North America
Level Contributor
1 post
65 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rt. 66 from Kingman to Seligman

Hwy 66 from Kingman to Seligman is a nice relaxing drive (no scary sections). The asphalt on Hwy 66 is in much better condition than on Interstate 40 and has only a couple of hilly sections (the I-40 has a lot more hills/mountains and lots of transport truck traffic). The road is mostly a wide two lane with minimal traffic (we drove it Monday Jan 13) with guard rails where needed. However driving Hwy 55 is about 50 km longer than driving the I-40. The reply from Tet14 lists most of the attractions. I would recommend a lunch stop at Hualapai Lodge - excellent food. A sandwich with fries is enough for two people. The Lodge offers a one-day raft ride/helicopter trip combo in the Grand Canyon for a price ($$$). If you have lots of time I would recommend a stop at Chloride - a mining semi-ghost town about 30 km west of Kingman. It has some unique yard art (junk used as decoration), some fabulous rock murals by Roy Purcell and a very well done movie done by the locals which can be seen in the building next to the museum. If you are passing through on a Sunday afternoon, a very active karaoke group performs at Yesterday's Restaurant.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rt. 66 from Kingman to Seligman

Chloride is good advice but its not R66. Pay a visit to Digger Dave's in Chloride and hear all the gossip. Across the road is a tiny old fashioned postoffice.

Pennsylvania’s...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rt. 66 from Kingman to Seligman

Seligman, a great place to stop for a visit and eat...Hackberry General store a must stop...

Kingman a drive thru........watch for sheriff looking for speeders when approaching Seligman....

Williams has a big Safeway store there and some very good restaurants too.....

Edited: 14 January 2014, 17:09
16. Re: Rt. 66 from Kingman to Seligman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 03:16