We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in February.....

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in February.....

Hi all

We are planning a trip for 2014 that will take us to the Midlands, the Draks, Batllefields & then on to Cape Town & the Winelands.

We are thinking of going in February. We know from a previous trip that the weather in the Cape will be good, but what about in KZN?

Can anybody give any thoughts as to likely temperatures & rainfall?

Can we really expect to get good weather in both the Western Cape & KZN?

Thanks for your help

Mike

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in February.....

Hello and you will find it hot in KZN in Feb. We visit most years in Feb and there is also a risk of later afternoon storms. But normally its a great time of year to be there. The coast can be humid to but the Midlands and Berg are are generally a little cooler. I have a web site dedicated to the province where all the information is free. There are reviews of places to stay in the areas you mention. I will be there again in mid Feb. and will add more on my return.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in February.....

Thanks Mark.

Much appreciated.

Mike

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in February.....

No problem and if I can be of any help please ask.

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
781 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in February.....

Over the past two weeks we've had two bouts of a couple of days where it's been VERY hot and humid followed by a couple of days where the sun hasn't shined and it's been wet all day. Also quite a wind last Sunday that blew a few trees down in the Pietermaritzburg area.

It *should* be hot duing the day with possible thundershowers in the later afternoon but; like the rest of the world it seems; the KZN weather has been somewhat odd recently.

Edited: 14 January 2013, 21:56
Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in February.....

Thanks RacingRog.

I appreciate the reply.

Who knows what's going on? But thanks anyway.

Mike

6. Re: Weather in February.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:19