We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or Hire Car

Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi or Hire Car

Hi

I am returning to SA for a holiday after some 50 years. We will be taking in Cape Town, East London and Durban. CT is no problem as we will be staying with relatives. We hoped to use an Hotel in Durban but I am beginning to worry after reading some of the comments on these pages regarding how dangerous it is.

Most of our relatives live in Overport and we were thinking of staying at Umhlanga (from the advice on these pages).

My question is - what is the best way of travelling between these two places. Should we hire a car or could we use taxis. Our stay is for a week. Are taxis expensive but safe.

Any advice most appreciated

Thank you

Buz

Umhlanga South...
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or Hire Car

Overport to Umhlanga is not far but I would suggest you hire a car.

Umhlaga Cabs are fine to use and probably about ZAR150-200 per trip.

Some tourists use the local taxis (called Zola Budds) but Im not too sure how safe they are.

Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or Hire Car

l'afrique

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my request. At lease I can make an informed choice.

Buz

3. Re: Taxi or Hire Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 02:17