We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Durban Safe??

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
301 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Is Durban Safe??

Hello guys,

I read on the internet that durban is one of the most dangerous places .. is it true? or partially true..

we'll be staying at , Umhlanga Rocks, i hope this area is safe....and is it ok to drive from durban to this area after the sun set??

London, England
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Durban Safe??

I take it from post #8 that the sky car up the Durban arch will be shut during the World Cup? Shame if it is, I was looking forward to that.

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is Durban Safe??

Ja, all activities around the stadium will be closed due to Fifa takeover. It is a pity, but it is for security reasons, so it must be done.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

London, England
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Is Durban Safe??

And there was me hoping to do the bungee swing thing into the stadium!

I had a look at the link you provided, but can't see where it says everything will be shut down over the World Cup period, still they'll use 'security' as an excuse for just about anything these days.

Edited: 13 May 2010, 10:47
14. Re: Is Durban Safe??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 07:37
Get answers to your questions about Durban