We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveller running comrades

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
co Mayo
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Solo traveller running comrades

I am not sure what to do with myself as a single female in Durban. I really only have a day or two either side of the Comrades run to occupy myself and I dont reckon being on my feet all day would be a good idea beforehand or even possible afterwards!

I am staying North Beach.

Any advice would be welcome

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo traveller running comrades

The beach would be a good option and since you will be right on the beach, just take time out to chill there.

The Ricksha bus tour

Township tour

Ushaka

Drive to valley of 1000 hills and do Phezulu Safari

or drive 45 minutes to Tala game park.

Botanic Gardens, pack a blanket and lunch from Woolworths or Spar and relax under the trees (they also have a lovely tea garden in the park if you don't want to pack a picnic)

lots to do in the city, but some walking will be involved. :)

ps for those sore muscles a spa day could be an option, either at Mangwanani Spa in Ballito or their little boutique massage spa at Ushaka beach.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Edited: 13 May 2011, 06:39
co Mayo
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo traveller running comrades

Sounds great thanks. would I find details of bustours /game parks/safaris etc at a tourist office there or better on the net before I go ?

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo traveller running comrades

http://www.kzn.org.za/index.php

is the official tourist web site for the region! Tourist Junction is in town and can assist when you arrive in Durban.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

4. Re: Solo traveller running comrades

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 09:17