We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last few things before trip...timings too

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Last few things before trip...timings too

The site showing distances only works for a few! Could someone please add approx timings as I now have everything sorted.

Please comment, my aim is photographing wildlife, (have visited Kruger.)  Mix of costs. Lots of self drive. Where I've put.....please let me know rough timings.  Many thanks

21st Land durban12.30, get car,drive to st Lucia...........

22...whales, lake boat trip, crocs centre for feeding

23 drive to mkhuze..banghoek lodge............game park

24 mkuze again...stay in park

25 drive to ndumo.............stay in park

26 Tembe

27 drive back to st Lucia..........stay ndiza

28 drive to  hluhluwe........north part...stay in backpackers

29 drive southwards, stay mpila

30 drive back to Durban to umgenie river bird park

30 drop car for flight at 6pm to burg. Flight to uk 10pm

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last few things before trip...timings too

drive to ST Lucia from Dbn approx 3 to 3.5 hrs.

drive to Mkuze abou t2 hr

Tembe about 2 hrs from Mkuze

you are backtracking from Tembe to St Lucia and then to Hluhluwe, should be tembe, Hluhluwe then St lucia.

Put destinations in to google maps directions and you should get estimated travel times.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=St+Lucia,+South+Africa&daddr=MKhuze+Game+Reserve,+South+Africa+to:Ndumo+Game+Reserve,+South+Africa+to:Tembe+Nature+Reserve,+South+Africa&hl=en&ll=-27.63974,32.393188&spn=2.036489,4.191284&sll=-27.756469,32.470093&sspn=1.01718,2.095642&geocode=FYYRT_4d05nuASlNVfUQoLP7HjEglIUXYkWHKA%3BFc_oWf4dDPzrASHp7zI1gJXyNQ%3BFfa2Zf4d-4DsASGlaUQJMkAvmw%3BFeMGZf4deXHvASEQ3gzd642paw&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=h&z=9

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Edited: 02 October 2011, 09:45
Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,230 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last few things before trip...timings too

I don't think it makes much difference, Kim, as Shaz's routing depended largely on availability at some places such as Mpila, Ndumo, etc. The distance she has to backtrack is quite small in the great scheme of things although your adivce to others out there is worth noting.

When coming back from Tembe to St Lucia, take the more easterly road through Mbazwane. They have already put cattle grids in across the lovely new tar road and are getting ready to drop the fences out the back of Mkhuze to join up the wetlands (quite a project). There are separate footpath/cycle ways too and not many signs of livestock onthe loose. A very pleasant alternative to the Jozini route. We used this route back from Tembe to Durban centre in just under 4 hours (including a short stop).

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last few things before trip...timings too

Thanks for your help. Does anyone know if you can go into a game reserve such as hluluwe and then leave then go back in the same day or do you need to pay again?

4. Re: Last few things before trip...timings too

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Durban