We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirco Simcard

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mirco Simcard

Hi there,

where can i find mirco simcard in Durban. Is it possible to get it from the airport?

Mentioned in this post
Durban
Durban
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
34 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirco Simcard

there are micro sims in south africa but to get a sim card in South Africa you need to Rica it. means that you have to have proof of residence etc. just keep your sim and change it to roaming.

Mentioned in this post
Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mirco Simcard

If you follow the advise above, you may end up your phone bill being more expensive than your holiday! (I paid TR12 for 2 weeks Tanzania). International roaming is VERY expensive!!!!!

You will get a micro sim in each phone shop (Vodacom/MTN etc). I am not sure but there will certainly be a shop at Durban airport.

For RICA (if asked at all) you just need your passport and a booking confirmation of one of the places you will be staying at, that's all.

Make sure your phone is not blocked for your local provider sim only!

Hope this helps.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Edited: 23 September 2012, 10:36
Mentioned in this post
Durban
Durban
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mirco Simcard

Yes. I have already manage to get the mirco sim from vodacom. Many thanks@!

4. Re: Mirco Simcard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 16:15