We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lucia accomdation /Activities

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
St Lucia accomdation /Activities

Hi All,

The best place to stay in the St Lucia area for 2/3 nights family of 4 last week of july.We will have just stayed at Phinda Vlei.Driving back to Durban for flight to Cape Town on the 29th.Lake Lucia on a boat is a must for us.Other suggestions would be much appreciated,

Many Thanks

Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Lucia accomdation /Activities

Kingfisher lodge is lovely, right next to the forest and at the end of the road away from all the bustle. It is not uncommon to have hippos in the carpark. I suggest you also do the night drive which is done in a Unimog with Sharker Barker tours, the guide, is just superb. My guests loved him. There is also a sanctuary for cats nearby which is worth a visit - leopard etc.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Lucia accomdation /Activities

you can canoe on the lakes in Isimangaliso wetlands. For luxury accommodation have a look at Makakatana or for more modest needs Kingfisher Lodge.

London, United...
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St Lucia accomdation /Activities

You can kayak if you are brave like safarifiend!

West Vancouver...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Lucia accomdation /Activities

I can see where you are coming from!

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Lucia accomdation /Activities

You don't need to be too brave in July - the water is probably around its coldest so the crocs are relatively inactive plus the guides know where the hippos lurk! It's a great way to see birds, too. A trip on the water is usually one of the highlights of my hols.

6. Re: St Lucia accomdation /Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 06:17