We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Durban

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire in Durban

We will be in SA (for the 1st time) in August. We are planning to hire a car from Durban airport & drive to our planned safari at Malala (at Hluhluwe). We would be returning the car to Durban airport - so pick up & drop off locations are the same. Can anyone advise the best sites to book cars? We would prefer a 4 x 4 vehicle, but also require a GPS (sat nav). I have looked at a lot of sites & the price difference is amazing. I don't just want to go for the cheapest price & get ripped off!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire in Durban

Hello and I have used carhire2000 a few times. I have also used Expedia to. I find them all about the same and by using these two you will get rates from all the major hire companies. Durban Airport is an easy place to collect and drop off. I had never come across Malala before, but you are visiting a stunning area! If you need any ideas please take a look at the site I contribute to.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire in Durban

I live in Durban and have ben enting cars for the past year, the best site is www.rentalcars.com write to shannonholland@rentalcars.com and she will get yo the best deal.....Durban airport is quite small and easy to get your bags and walk to the hire company that you have been allocated....4x4 should get for under £1000 for 2 weeks.

Sat Nav hire is expensive, so either download the map of SA to ur personal sat nav, or use ur phone

Hope this helps

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire in Durban

Thank you for your advice. We have now hired the car we wanted at a great price !

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire in Durban

Glad you got a good price.

Lausanne
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire in Durban

Hi Crouchie, would you mind sharing with us which company you have used? Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire in Durban

We went through www.carhire3000.com - which is the same compnay as rentalcars.com. We also had a bit of email traffic backwards & forwards with them as we wanted a particular type of car (my husband is a bit of a car nut) and they were great.

Grahamstown
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire in Durban

Try Dollar Thrifty, a lot of my friends use their cars and they have branches all over South Africa. Durban Branch contact details: 0027 31 368 1946 or email: dbncity@thrifty.co.za.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire in Durban

Hi Rosste. You only have 1 post since 2011 and its above rentalcars.com Are you perhaps shannon holland and if so can you give me a good deal from next friday for 8 days - smallest cheapest car

9. Re: Car Hire in Durban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Durban