We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days and what to do- please answer!

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,096 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
How many days and what to do- please answer!

Hi everyone. So thanks to those that have responded to some of my questions. Hope to get some response to this. So I havnt booked yet and going in 3 weeks as I have been waiting for some responses to my questions but not getting too far.

If we stay in Zimbali, is it very quiet or do we have to leave there daily for some activity.

As I mentioned in a previous post we havnt been to Umhlanga since our wedding 40 years ago. How many days should we stay and what is there to see around and about. We will hire a car and love the beach. Which beaches are better - Balito or Unhlanga. This will be BEFORE school holidays. Hope to get some responses. Many thanks in anticipation.

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: How many days and what to do- please answer!

23 June Racing at Clairwood and 30th at Greyville in Durban if that appeals. We enjoyed it last time with lunch.

Try an evening at the Barnyard Theatre in Gateway; you can take your picnic supper with you. If your tastes are more serious, I am sure that there will be something on at the theatre in Durban and it's an easy drive down the freeway.

John Cleese is also on in late June at the ICC in Durban - still trying to pay off his mortgage settlement here in the UK?!

There may be a concert by the lake in the Botanic gardens in Durban too.

First and third Sunday of each month there is a market in Salt Rock with live music, food stalls, crafts, etc (The Litchi Orchard, Salt Rock). There are lots of markets around but they change over time so I'm not sure which one's in Durban are worth going to at the moment. The Sunday morning car boot at Greyville racecourse? The Stables in the evening? Perhaps someone else can advise.

The Oyster Box has some live music acts on so even if we can't afford a room we can still pay a quick visit?!

Salt Rock, South...
Level Contributor
252 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How many days and what to do- please answer!

In response to Safarifriend "First and third Sunday of each month there is a market in Salt Rock with live music, food stalls, crafts, etc (The Litchi Orchard, Salt Rock)'. This is on a Saturday, not Sunday.

http://www.litchiorchard.co.za/

Cheers

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: How many days and what to do- please answer!

Thanks, Jack!

Shelly Beach, South...
Level Contributor
258 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How many days and what to do- please answer!

Oh, talking about the Oyster Box - I hear they serve a fabulous "high tea" - some thing different to try

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,096 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How many days and what to do- please answer!

Thanks everyone

16. Re: How many days and what to do- please answer!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 September 2013, 19:35
17. Re: How many days and what to do- please answer!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 06:22