We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Durban North Beach vs Umhlanga for New Year's Eve

London, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Durban North Beach vs Umhlanga for New Year's Eve

Hi,

I will be heading down to Durban for 1 night to celebrate New Year and will need to be at the airport at 11:30am the next day. I am unsure where I should stay near the Durban area. My criteria would be:

1. Within 30 mins to airport (will tolerate 45mins if in a really good, suggested area)

2. Able to celebrate New Year in the area.

3. Parking not a problem at the hotel (we'll have a car)

4. On the beach (not key but would be nice)

5. Safe (we decided to go for a run in the morning - if we’re staying next to the beach.

Thank you.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Durban North Beach vs Umhlanga for New Year's Eve

Hello and maybe look to stay at Umhlanga. Durban gets inundated over Christmas & New Year. We try and avoid visiting over the holiday season. Where ever you decide on you may have to book early to.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Durban North Beach vs Umhlanga for New Year's Eve

Umhlanga or Balito for sure! I'd avoid Durban over new years eve!

3. Re: Durban North Beach vs Umhlanga for New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 06:33
Get answers to your questions about Durban