We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malala lodge/bush walks and game drives

Which Hluhluwe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Switzerland
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Malala lodge/bush walks and game drives

Hi

Does any one of you have experience with Malala Lodge in Hluhluwe? If so, were the bush walks and game drives good?

Any other tips for a lodge in the Hluhluwe park who also offer bush walks and game drives?

Thanks a lot for your input

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malala lodge/bush walks and game drives

Phinda used to offer bush walks but I think they may have discontinued this (contact them and find out), it is a fabulous reserve. Hluhluwe/mfolozi Reserve which is the national reserve and not a private reserve, offers walking trails, nature-reserve.co.za/hluhluwe-imfolozi-wildl…

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malala lodge/bush walks and game drives

I stayed at Malala Lodge for 3 nights during the World Cup. I took a chance booking there because I couldn't find much info about them when researching for my trip (there were 3 of us altogether). They offer a 'safari special' which includes breakfast, dinner, and game drives into the Hluhluwe Game Reserve. I highly recommend it. Pete, who owns Malala Lodge with his son and their wives, is the guide for the safari and you couldn't ask for a better experience. The food was also excellent. Malala Lodge is a nice alternative to the more touristy Hilltop Camp which was the other place I had considered booking ahead of my trip. After eating lunch at Hilltop Camp (I wanted to check it out), I thought it was nice, but I'm so happy I went with Malala.

Edited: 15 July 2010, 20:26
3. Re: Malala lodge/bush walks and game drives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 05:16