We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Richards Bay "best area to live"

Which Richards Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northumberland
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Richards Bay "best area to live"

I may have the opportunity of working in Richards Bay, I have never been to South Africa before, could anyone tell me the best residential area to live in

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Richards Bay "best area to live"

I am sure that someone will answer your question, but am not sure if there are any regular posters from Richard's Bay. I am aware that the location is great for accessing fantastic areas inland and north along the Elephant coast - am sure you would have an incredible time!

Perhaps search for Richard's Bay guest houses as the areas these are in are likely to be pleasant as they need to attract tourists?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Richards Bay "best area to live"

"Meer en See" area looks the most attractive on google street view, as does "veld and vlei", but listen to an expert - it is near some tourist areas, so there will be people who have stayed there - bump this post if you don't get a reply in next couple of days!

Attractive is not all one needs for an area too!

Edited: 22 March 2012, 00:05
geneva
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Richards Bay "best area to live"

I suggest you post an enquiry on the SA 4x4 community forum...I am not at all interested in cars but often find very useful information on the forum.Good luck!

PS we flew into Richard's Bay a couple of years ago, it seemed to be a rather pleasant and quiet little community...

Bedlington...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Richards Bay "best area to live"

far better stop at lynemouth bryan. you'll miss riding through greyhoond crap and stuff but seriously this looks like a good opportunity. too good to miss.

Rochdale
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Richards Bay "best area to live"

We visit Richards Bay every year. Meerensee is lovely, as is Arboretum where our friends live.

Meerensee is nearer the sea, and Arboretum is nearer the big shopping centre.

Nowhere is far from anything, and all areas have their own little shopping centres, so no need to always head for the big one.

I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy your time there.

Scituate...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Richards Bay "best area to live"

I am thinking of going on a safari in the end of March at Richard's Bay. Is this

a good time of year in your opinion?

Reply to: Richards Bay "best area to live"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Richards Bay